I don’t know about you but for me, warm, melty cheese + freshly baked crusty bread = true love! And what a better way to celebrate those two things than in a festive hamentashen! Purim is coming up and these mini pizzas are a great dish to serve to break the fast. (Tanit Esther is the day before Purim.) Serve with extra marinara sauce for dipping those cheesy crusts into. Pair with your favorite vegetable soup and you’ve got a filling and fun meal to start the holiday with.
They can be made a few hours ahead of time, refrigerated and baked when you are ready to eat. With the same amount of dough you can make two medium sized pizzas instead of mini pizzas or one large pizza. Just keep the cheese sticks whole and use one or two for each side depending on how big your pizza is.
I used Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough because it is so easy to work with but you can make your own too.
Hag Purim Sameach!
*This is NOT a sponsored post. I am not being compensated in any way for references made to specific products or brands. All opinions are my own.
Stuffed Crust Hamentaschen Mini Pizzas
- 1 lb. Pizza dough
- 5 String cheese sticks
- 6 T. Marinara sauce
- 2 c. Shredded cheese
- Additional optional toppings: sliced olives onions, sautéed mushrooms
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1) Preheat the oven to 475 F.
- 2) Dived the dough into 6 equal balls slightly larger than a golf ball. Individually roll each ball into a circle approximately six inches in diameter. The dough should be very thin. Use a bowl or other round object to cut into a perfect circle. Place on a single layer of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 2) Place 1 T. of marinara sauce in the center of the circle
- 3) Cut each cheese stick in half length wise and then in half again width wise the get four equal pieces.
- 4) Place three of the cheese stick pieces on the outer edge of the pizza dough and fold over the edges to create a triangle. Be sure to seal the ends so the cheese does not melt out while baking.
- 5) Brush olive oil on the edges of the pizza dough.
- 6) Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with additional toppings if using
- 7) Bake for 8-10 minutes.