with Spritzer and Cocktail variations.
Pomegranate Iced Green Tea is the drink that gets me through the long, hot summer days. Whether I’m picking up my kids from camp, getting back from the pool or just looking for a late afternoon refresher, this is my go to drink of choice to keep me cool and calm until the sun finally sets. I love green tea because its caffeinated but won’t keep me up at night if I have a glass past 4 p.m. Instead of sweetening it with sugar, the pomegranate juice adds just the right amount of sweet and tart flavor.
It makes a great base for a wine spritzer by adding sparkling Muscato wine or use it as a mixer and add a little liquor to make it into a super refreshing cocktail. I keep a pitcher of this tea in the fridge all summer long so it’s always ready to go whenever I crave it, usually between 3-4 in the afternoon when I realize there are still around 5 hours until the sun actually sets.
Make a pitcher and take a minute to enjoy the long summer day. Before you know it, the kids will be back to school!
Pomegranate Iced Green Tea with Spritzer and Cocktail variations.
- 8 Green Tea Bags preferably Twinings Pomegranate, Raspberry & Strawberry Green Tea
- 8 cups Boiling Water
- 2 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 1 c. Pomegranate Arils
- 1 c. Sliced Strawberries
- Place tea bags in a large heat proof pitcher and add boiling water. Allow to steep and cool to room temperature.
- Use 2 cups of the tea to make ice cubes.
- Add Pomegranate Juice to the cooled tea and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with iced tea cubes, Pomegranate Arils and sliced Strawberries.