I came up with this recipe because I was tired of paying $15 for two servings of creamy tomato pasta takeout. It’s easy, quick, and in my opinion better than the takeout. The secret ingredient that adds all the flavor is harissa, a North African pepper paste. Many different varieties are available and some are spicier than others. Add a little at a time until you get the heat and flavor you prefer. I get my harissa from Le Market in Valley Village. It’s made fresh regularly. Just ask for it at the counter. It’s definitely worth getting because it adds tons of flavor to any savory dish.
Reasons why this sauce is the best:
1) Its only 3 ingredients! (No, I’m not counting the salt and pepper.)
2) It comes together in less than 15 minutes! Because its summer and less time in the kitchen is better for everyone.
3) It’s so tasty you might want to consider serving it as a creamy tomato soup or just put it in a ball jar and call it a creamy tomato smoothly. Go ahead, you have my blessing. I won’t judge you. It’s THAT GOOD! (If you are going to serve it as a soup don’t forget to top it with these super delicious multi-grain croutons! Yummy!
4) Everyone in my family enjoys this sauce. I can count on one hand the number of recipes that this is true for. One recipe, serving my whole family, WIN WIN!
*This is NOT a sponsored post. I am not being compensated in any way for references made to specific products or brands. All opinions are my own.
3 Ingredient Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 8 oz. container heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Harissa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put marinara sauce, cream and harissa into a medium sauce pot over medium low heat and whisk to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low for 8-10 minutes but do not boil.
- Serve with pasta and/or vegetable noodles and grated Parmesan cheese.