Tacos are one of the few meals that everyone in our household enjoys and no one seems to get tired of. It helps to change up the components every now and then. I love this version because all of the ingredients get tossed into the pot and that’s it. No additional cooking required.
Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1-2 t. salt If your tomato sauce does not contain salt, add 2 teaspoons, if it does list salt in the ingredients, use 1 teaspoon
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. water
- Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot. Be sure the the chicken is almost entirely submerged in the liquid.
- Close the lid and select meat/stew button. Set the cook time for 20 minutes.
- Once the cook time is up allow the pressure to release naturally. (NPR)
- If you are pressed for time then do 10 minutes NPR, then QPR.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken to a serving dish. Shred using 2 forks.
- To thicken the sauce, select sauté function and allow it to come to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes then pour the sauce over the shredded chicken.
- Serve with taco shells, tortillas, hot sauce, guacamole, shredded lettuce, salsa, pickled onions , corn, chopped tomatoes.