Linguine with Impossible Meat Sauce
No, that’s not a plate of meat and cheese covered noodles *hass v’shalom*. It’s *meat* sauce made from Impossible plant based imitation ground beef. It’s so delicious simmered in a rich tomato sauce, served over pasta and topped with cheese. The kids asked for seconds, even the super picky one. Easy to prepare and would be great to serve the kiddos during the fast.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 frozen garlic cubes or 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried basil
- 2 t. harissa
- 2 12 oz. packages plant based imitation ground beef such as @impossible
- 2 15 oz. cans or 4 8 oz. cans no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 c. water
- 1 lb. linguine or other pasta shape
- Shredded Parmesan for serving
- Put oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 6-8 minutes until it begins to soften. Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil and harissa. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add plant based meat and sauté 6-8 minutes over medium high heat until fully browned.
- Add tomato sauce and water, stir to combine scrapping up any bits that my have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until aldente, drain.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Alternatively, plate pasta individually and top with sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.