Quinoa Salad with Tomatoes and Peaches
Quinoa makes a great blank canvas to decorate with the bright, fresh flavors of summer. This salad is endlessly riffable: switch up the quinoa with any other cooked grain such as wheat berries or barley. Use nectarines, apricots, plums or a combination of any stone fruit you have in place of the peaches.
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 peaches chopped into 1/2 in. cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 c. Toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds optional
- 1/2 c. feta or goat cheese crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve, drain. Place the quinoa in a medium size sauce pot, add 1 3/4 cups of water. Uncovered, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minuets. Remove from the heat, uncover and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large serving dish.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and the dressing to the quinoa, gently toss to combine.