Curry Coconut Mango Salmon
Savory, sweet, spicy and saucy salmon.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 1 1/2 t. salt divided
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed, or 3 frozen cubes
- 1 T. ginger chopped or grated, or 3 frozen cubes
- 2 T. + 1 t. yellow curry powder
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk parve
- 1 c. mango juice
- 2 t. hot red pepper paste such as harrissa
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 lbs. salmon skinned and boned, cut into 8, 4 oz. fillets.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 t. paprika
- 4 T. fresh chopped cilantro optional
1) Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat
2) Add sliced onion, sauté 6-8 minutes, just until onions start to brown.
3) Add 1/2 t. salt, sauté
4) Add garlic and ginger, sauté two minutes.
5) Add curry powder and harrissa, sauté two minutes until all ingredients are combined and spices begin to fry.
6) Add coconut milk and mango juice, cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
7) Add additional 1/2 t. salt and chickpeas and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
8) Place salmon fillets on a broiler pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray
9) Sprinkle with paprika, remaining teaspoon of curry powder and 1/2 t. salt. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
10) Broil for 10 minutes.
11) Add broiled fillets to curry sauce. Simmer on low for 2-3 minutes, basting fish with sauce.
12) Serve with optional chopped cilantro.