Sprouted Multigrain Croutons
Great for adding a crunchy topping to soups and salads!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 4 c. cubed sprouted multi-grain bread (from about 10 slices)
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 T. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 t. granulated onion
- 1 t. garlic salt
- ¼ – ½ t. ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.
3) Mix all remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over bread cubes and toss until cubes are more or less equally coated.
4) Spread seasoned bread cubes in a single layer on an XL rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes until cubes are extra crisp but not burnt, stirring every 5 minutes. Baking time depends on your oven. I use electric so it takes longer.
6) Cool and store in an airtight container for up to a week.