Stone Fruit Crisp
Summer's harvest at it's peak baked under a spiced oat topping.
- 3-4 large peaches
- 3-4 plums or pluots or a combination of both
- 1.5-2 c. cherries pitted and halved
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 5 T. Butter or nondairy butter substitute I used Earth Balance
- 1.5 t. pumpkin pie spice
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Chop peaches, plums and pluots into a large dice and remove the pit. Place in a medium size casserole dish or an 8x8 in. baking dish.
Add the cherries. Toss to combine.
In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter or nondairy butter and pumpkin pie spice until mixture resembles wet sand.
Top the chopped fruit with the oat mixture and bake for 30-35 minuets until top begins to brown.