Pasta Salad with Spinach, Feta and Watermelon
If pasta can be a salad... then anything is possible!
- 1 lb. medium size pasta shells
- 1 lb. fresh spinach washed
- 1/2 c. prepared Italian salad dressing I use Good Seasons brand
- 1 t. garlic salt
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 c. watermelon cut into cubes or made into balls with a melon baller
- 1/4 c. fresh mint leaves
- A sprinkle of sand optional
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water 10-12 minutes. Drain and return to the pot off the heat.
Add the spinach, Italian dressing and garlic salt to the pasta while it is still warm and toss to combine.
If you have the time, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight. Before serving, add the feta cheese, watermelon and mint leaves and gently toss to combine.
If serving right away, transfer to a serving dish and add the feta cheese, watermelon and mint leaves and gently toss to combine.