Pulled Chicken Tacos made in the Instant Pot with 6 ingredients for a no fuss Taco Tuesday super fast and easy-peasy dinner win! Can also be made in a slow cooker by combining all the ingredients and setting it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Pressure Cooker
- Slow Cooker
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons salt If your tomato sauce does not contain salt, add 2 teaspoons, if it does list salt in the ingredients, use 1 teaspoon
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless ,chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot. Be sure the the chicken is almost entirely submerged in the liquid.
- Close the lid and select meat/stew button. Set the cook time for 20 minutes.
- Once the cook time is up allow the pressure to release naturally. (NPR)
- If you are pressed for time then do 10 minutes NPR, then QPR.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken to a serving dish. Shred using 2 forks.
- To thicken the sauce, select sauté function and allow it to come to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes then pour the sauce over the shredded chicken.
- Serve with taco shells, tortillas, hot sauce, guacamole, shredded lettuce, salsa, pickled onions , corn, chopped tomatoes.