I make this soup practically every other week because it’s one dish that everyone loves and asks for seconds. It also comes together in minutes. Set the table and dish up all of the fixings while the soup simmers and dinner will be on the table in no time.
What is one dish that you prepare regularly that your family can’t get enough of? I would love to know in the comments section or contact me directly at hana@lakosherkitchen.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion yellow or sweet
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 15 ounce cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 8 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 3 15 ounce cans Great Northern Beans
- 1.5 cups Corn Kernels frozen
- 1 cup Cilantro Leaves packed, chopped
- Avocado, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Green Onions, Hot Sauce, Tortilla Chips for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, oregano and salt. Stir to combine scrapping up and brown bits that may have stuck to the bottom. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover and add beans, corn and cilantro. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes stirring every few minutes.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, hot sauce and tortilla chips.