Curry Coconut Mango Salmon
Savory, sweet, spicy and saucy salmon.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 1 1/2 t. salt divided
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed, or 3 frozen cubes
- 1 T. ginger chopped or grated, or 3 frozen cubes
- 2 T. + 1 t. yellow curry powder
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk parve
- 1 c. mango juice
- 2 t. hot red pepper paste such as harrissa
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 lbs. salmon skinned and boned, cut into 8, 4 oz. fillets.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 t. paprika
- 4 T. fresh chopped cilantro optional
- 1) Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat
- 2) Add sliced onion, sauté 6-8 minutes, just until onions start to brown.
- 3) Add 1/2 t. salt, sauté
- 4) Add garlic and ginger, sauté two minutes.
- 5) Add curry powder and harrissa, sauté two minutes until all ingredients are combined and spices begin to fry.
- 6) Add coconut milk and mango juice, cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- 7) Add additional 1/2 t. salt and chickpeas and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- 8) Place salmon fillets on a broiler pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray
- 9) Sprinkle with paprika, remaining teaspoon of curry powder and 1/2 t. salt. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- 10) Broil for 10 minutes.
- 11) Add broiled fillets to curry sauce. Simmer on low for 2-3 minutes, basting fish with sauce.
- 12) Serve with optional chopped cilantro.