I have a tendency to impulse buy more fruit than we will actually eat before it becomes too ripe. The best way to clear out the fruit bin is to chop it all up, put it in a baking dish, top it with a combination of brown sugar, oats, flour and butter and pop it in the oven until it becomes a jammy, sweet treat. Serve it for dessert with a scoop of ice cream? Yes please! Have it for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee? I’m not going to stop you.
Stone Fruit Crisp
- 3-4 large peaches
- 3-4 plums or pluots or a combination of both
- 1.5-2 c. cherries pitted and halved
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 5 T. Butter or nondairy butter substitute I used Earth Balance
- 1.5 t. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Chop peaches, plums and pluots into a large dice and remove the pit. Place in a medium size casserole dish or an 8×8 in. baking dish.
- Add the cherries. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter or nondairy butter and pumpkin pie spice until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Top the chopped fruit with the oat mixture and bake for 30-35 minuets until top begins to brown.