Quinoa makes a great blank canvas to decorate with the bright, fresh flavors of summer. This salad is endlessly riffable: switch up the quinoa with any other cooked grain such as wheat berries or barley. Use nectarines, apricots, plums or a combination of any stone fruit you have in place of the peaches.
Quinoa Salad with Tomatoes and Peaches
- 1 pot
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1¾ cups water
- 2 peaches chopped into 1/2 in. cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ cup Toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds optional
- ½ cup feta or goat cheese crumbled (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspooon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve, drain. Place the quinoa in a medium size sauce pot, add water. Uncovered, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minuets. Remove from the heat, uncover and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large serving dish.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and the dressing to the quinoa, gently toss to combine.